The Vertical Flight Society, the world’s leading non-profit dedicated to advancing vertical flight, is pleased to announce the election results for its Board of Directors.
The following members were elected to the Board’s Executive Committee for the one-year term of July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020:
- Chair: Edward Hoskin, VP Engineering, Pratt & Whitney Canada (previously the Board President)
- President: Dan Schultz, President, Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (previously the Board Secretary/Treasurer)
- Secretary/Treasurer: Tomasz Krysinski, Vice-President Research & Technology, Airbus Helicopters (new to the Board)*
In the U.S. Western Region, which includes the Los Angeles, San Francisco and Arizona Chapters, and all surrounding areas, those selected are:
- Vice President: Dr. Colin Theodore, NASA Ames Research Center
- Regional Director: Scott Swinsick, The Boeing Company*
The following are currently appointed Directors of the Board:
- VP Membership: Jon Tatro, consultant
- VP Washington, DC: John Lindsay, Textron
- Appointed Director: Robert LaBelle, XTI Aircraft Co.
- Appointed Director: Thomas Laux, Northrop Grumman
- Appointed Director: Harry Nahatis, GE Aviation
In addition, Prof. Marilyn Smith of the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) has been appointed to the Executive Committee as the VFS Technical Director for a two-year term. Prof. Smith was previously the Deputy Technical Director for Aeromechanics on the VFS Technical Council, as well as the immediate past Director of the U.S. Southern Region.
VFS members in half of its ten regions elected or re-elected regional directors and vice-presidents for the two-year term of July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022.
For more information go to https://vtol.org/